Company History

   Carrier Portal   |   Client Portal   

Our Company History: The Commercial Traffic Company (CT)

1978 Ground Breaking
1978 Ground Breaking on Plaza Dr

The Commercial Traffic Company was founded in 1923 by

H.R. Snyder (our first president)
W.A. Aichele
C.C. Kalbrunner
V.C. Borrows and
H.W. Elsner. 

CT was located at 1020 Huron Rd. in downtown Cleveland until 1979. 

CT moved to Plaza Drive in Oct. of 1979. Jack Miner (President from 1980 to 1998) and Joe Feeley (President 1948 to 1980) are pictured left on the first day of ground breaking at Plaza Drive in 1978. 

Allan J. Miner, our current President since 1998, has maintained his father’s legacy as an innovator in the 3rd party logistics field with the help of dedicated and hard working associates. 

 

 

 

CT Logistics

90th Anniversary
2013 90th Anniversary

Throughout our history, The Commercial Traffic Company has serviced its clients with personalized audit and payment of their freight bills. Today's services include AuditPay® (Pre and Post Audit), TranSaver®, FreitRater®, CTLion® and many other third party logistics services tailored to fit the unique needs of each client. Using the resources of FreitRater®, CT's proprietary freight rating and pricing software, CT offers freight bill pre-audit and post-audit services, timely payment, and customized management information to industrial shippers and receivers of freight. CT audits millions of freight bills for thousands of customers annually. In addition, CT Logistics' FreitRater® software can be purchased or used as a SaaS or BPaaS application for carriers and shippers.

 
 

 

CT Logistics: A Brief Historical Timeline

CT Logistics Building expansion in the fall of 1985 shown below
1985 Building Expansion
 
CT Logistics employee picture from 1984
1984 Company Picture
  •   1923   Commercial Traffic begins business in Cleveland, Ohio by five founding partners to audit freight bills
  •   1948   Joseph Feeley becomes President
  •   1965   Jack H. Miner becomes Vice President
  •   1979   CT moves to present company owned facilities in Parma, Ohio
  •   1980   Jack H. Miner becomes President
  •   1981   CTMSI (Freight Brokerage) formed to service transportation needs of CT customers
  •   1984   Allan J. Miner becomes Vice President
  •   1985   Building expansion occurs doubling size of facilities
  •   1986   First version of FreitRater designed/written by Dale Lunar, Executive Director of I.S. installed at CT
  •   1987   CT purchases vacant lot next to building
  •   1990   CTS (Software division) formed to sell FreitRater software
  •   1991   First sale of FreitRater package by CTS occurs
  •   1994   CT purchases building at 12423 Plaza Drive next to vacant lot creating a six acre Campus for associates
  •   1997   Installation of FreitRater Client/Server
  •   1998   Jack H. Miner becomes CEO, Allan .J. Miner becomes President
  •   1999   CT becomes ISO certified
  •   2001   Imaging and Web resolution for FreitRater goes online
  •   2003   FreitWeb, least cost rating, launched
  •   2005   Online freight bill entry available for customers
  •   2006   FreitRater SQL  ASP version released
  •   2007   CT opens CTGF, our United Kingdom office
  •   2008   FreitRater SQL .NET released
  •   2010   CTMSI acquires RW Delivery
  •   2011   CT loses its leader of 50 yrs. with Jack Miner’s passing on June 8th 
  •   2013   CT Lion is released as the industry's most comprehensive shipping software
  •   2013   CT celebrates its 90th Anniversary